Our Statement of Faith
Declaration of our Statement of Faith
As a Christian Organisation we are guided by the Scriptures in our beliefs and practices. That is - what we believe results in a faith that produces loving care, practical service and spiritual concern for our world. We confess the truth of the historic faith of the Gospel contained in the Bible and summarised below.
- One God exists as three persons - the Father, the Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. They are co-equal, and each is fully God.
- God is sovereign in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgement.
- The Bible is God-inspired, and infallible, as originally given, and is our supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- Humankind has a sinful nature and is spiritually dead - that is, separated from God. This state can only be changed through God’s grace and spiritual regeneration as stated below.
- That redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin is only through the sacrificial death (as our representative and substitute) of Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Son of God.
- In the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- In the necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ effective to individual sinners, granting them repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ.
- In the indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- In the one holy universal Church, which is the Body of Christ, and to which all true believers belong.
- In the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.